It is the only manor in Pagėgiai municipality, which is adapted to the needs of tourists: good access, well-developed infrastructure, guide services, tourists can also order educational programs. The manor was founded in 1628. It was governed by Wolf Michael Müllkünzel. When he died, his estate was taken over by his descendants. Later, the estate became the property of the Ziegler family. In 1751, the estate was sold by Regina Larisa Ziegler to Gottfried Theodor Schőn, chief of the Šereiklaukis. In 1801 the estate was bought by Gottfried Dressler. In the hands of the Dresler family, the Vilkyškiai manor remains until World War II.
The last owner of the manor was Hans von Sperber. He inherited the estate by will when Alexander Dresler’s only son, Victor Dresler (Voktor Dressler), drowned during a military exercise in 1906. In 1905 there were 154 people living in the manor, but not one Lithuanian. The situation is different in Vilkyškiai, where Lithuanians made up 45.5 percent of the population. Like all other manors of Lithuania Minor, the manor of Vilkyškiai was different from the manors of Great Lithuania. It was not a nobleman’s residence; the manor was more for farming purposes. To this day there is a manor house, an old tavern building, red brick stables, a servant’s house, a grain barn with wooden shutters. On the south side, there were a spectacular manor garden and a park that was ruined.
The daughter of the last owners of the manor, Elli Biene Schacht, is still alive. Having survived the difficult post-war period, she did not lose the joy of life, on the contrary she devoted all her free time to preserving the history of the Vilkyškiai estate. Thanks to this the history of the manor is revived again.